Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Architectural drawings of Barber & McMurry Architects, Knoxville, through 1959. The plans and some renderings are available. Specifications were not provided. Plans are arranged in these groups: General 208; Churches 121; Residences 376; Schools 133; Total 838
Barber and McMurry Collection contains 3 boxes of photographs + 5 large boxes containing renderings & photographs of selected projects
Includes 2 copies of exhibition catalog for Dulin Art Gallery's "The Architecture of Barber and McMurry 1915-1940: An Exhibition of Photographs and Drawings" on exhibit September 20 to October 15, 1976.
2 sets of architectural plans (Office Building and Settlement House), 5 sets of specifications, 4 Brookside Mills cotton labels, and photographs of Brookside Mills structures (2 interior, 3 exterior, 1 postcard). Plans by L. C. Waters, Knoxville architect.
Bruce McCarty, Knoxville Architect, Selected list of projects, 1954-1961.
Letters written by architect George Barber or his wife in Knoxville to their son Charles in Italy, 1907. 4 letters. Photocopies (furnished by W. R. McNabb--originals in possession of Charles Barber). Written on Barber & Klutz letterhead. Letters mention work done on several Knoxville houses, including the Sanford, Tyson, and Kennedy houses.
Plans for the former Cansler School at 1719 Reynolds Street, Knoxville [Tenn.]. The building then was a Boys & Girls Club and is currently (2019) The Wesley House Community Center. Plans were drawn by Bruce McCarty (founder of the current McCarty Holsaple McCarty architecture firm in Knoxville, Tenn.) during his time with Rutherford & Painter Architects. The plans are labeled “New Negro Elementary School”