Ellis and Ernest Drug Store
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Ellis & Ernest Drug Stores menu
Identifier: Ephemera 2019.130a
Scope and Contents
Menu from Ellis & Ernest Drug Stores (1500 West Cumberland; 1221 Western Avenue) “The Orange & White Drug Store at the Corner of Campus”
Dates: ca. 1930s-1940s
H. L. and Margaret Ernest Collection. Material from the estate of Dr. and Mr. H.L. Ernest (Margaret Mann) (Ellis & Ernest Drugstore).
Identifier: MSC 0362
Scope and Contents Dr. Harold Longsdorf Ernest, Sr. (Doc) was born in Carlisle, PA in 1895. He grew up working in a drugstore. After graduating from high school, he attended Philadelphia College of Pharmacy where he met his future business partner of 40 years, Dr. Wilbur J. Ellis. After moving to Knoxville, Dr. Ernest married Margaret Mann, the granddaughter of Major Louis Gratz, in 1928. Mrs. Ernest was a lifelong member of the First Presbyterian Church who was well known for her charity work, Red Cross...