Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: APD 0030
Scope and Contents Architectural drawings of Barber & McMurry Architects, Knoxville, through 1959. The plans and some renderings are available. Specifications were not provided. Plans are arranged in these groups: General 208; Churches 121; Residences 376; Schools 133; Total 838
Dates: 1915 - 1959
Identifier: APD 0007
Scope and Contents Albert B. Baumann (1861-1942), architect, son of William and Catherine (Schneider) Baumann, was born in Knoxville, Tennessee. William Baumann (1813-1875) came to America with his parents about 1835 and in 1837 married Catherine Schneider, whose family had emigrated from Germany around the same time. The young couple went to Savannah, Georgia, where William Baumann was a ship designer and builder. Then they returned to East Tennessee; one son, Joseph F., was born in 1844 in Tellico Plains...
Identifier: MSC 0353
Scope and Contents George F. Barber Collection Inventory, available. Scope: Personal and business papers, correspondence, photographs, patent documents, and writings of George F. Barber and his architectural firms. Collection contains original drawings, sketches, studies, scrapbooks, artifacts, house plans, original illustrated catalogues published by George F. Barber and Co., Barber & Kluttz, and Barber & Boardman, original letterhead and related papers, and information about Barber Houses, collectibles,...
Dates: 1874 - 1913
Identifier: APD 0017
Scope and Contents Hubert Bebb (1903-1984) was a native of Illinois. He received his training as an architect at Cornell University’s College of Architecture where he graduated in 1928. Working with classmate Nathaniel Owings, Bebb created designs for the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. In the 1940s Bebb worked for the Chicago firm of Armstrong, Furst, and Tillotson. In 1950 Bebb moved to Gatlinburg and spent the next thirty years of his life working in East Tennessee. His design for the Clingman’s Dome viewing tower...
Dates: 1950 - 1980
Identifier: APD 0003
Scope and Contents James Coulson Morton (1912 -1975) came from his native Toronto, Canada to work with the Knoxville architectural firm of Bealer & Wilhoit on Glocker Hall at the University of Tennessee. In 1953 when the principals of the original firm retired, Morton and another associate, C. A. Sweetser took over the firm, renamed Morton & Sweetser. Among projects done by the firm are the Civic Auditorium Coliseum and the Safety Building. Plans include --Austin High School Vocational Shop Building...
Dates: 1947 - 1972