Found in 737 Collections and/or Records:
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Comptroller’s (Controller’s) Office employees’ “yearbook” 1944
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) map
"Tennessee Valley Area: Profile of Tennessee & Clinch Rivers Showing Existing & Proposed Dams" color map of Tennessee Valley Reverse: Photographs of TVA dams, during construction and in operation.
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) material
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Oversize Photographs
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Oversize Photographs. Pat Bernard Ezell from TVA identified these photographs as like those printed and sold in the Haney Building in the Map Sales Dept. for many years. Favorites with the public. Most or all from negatives shot by Lewis Hine for TVA
Tennessee Valley Fair (TVA&I Fair) (Tennessee Valley Agricultural & Industrial Fair Collection.
Tennessee views (Unaka Springs and Chestoa)
SPC 2014.011.001 View of Unaka Springs, Tenn. Taken July 1918. Approx. 4x6”, glued to black paper. Faded. Shows view of river, bridge. SPC 2014.01.002 View of Chestoa, Tenn, 1/2 mile from Unaka Springs. View of river, bridge, buildings. Approx. 4x6”, glued to black paper. Faded.
The Last Run (K. T. L. electric cars replaced with modern motor buses)
Seven photographs of The Last Run (K.T.L. electric cars replaced with modern motor buses). August 1, 1947. 7 4x5” B&W prints. Stamped on back: Simpson’s Studio, 3740 Timber Circle S.E., Knoxville, Tenn 37920.
The Little Family
The Little Family, 1895 (date written on back of photograph). Seated, l-r: Frank Armstrong Little (2-22-1833--10-23-1924), Margaret Adelia Chamberlain Little (6-3-1832--2-12-1903) (daughter of Ninnian Chamberlain), Julia Elizabeth White Little (wearing 1892 wedding dress). Standing, far right: Francis Robert Little. 8x6” photograph on 10x8” backing. Faded sepia. 1 pc.
The Old Park Hotel, Clinton, Tennessee. Chuck Ochiltree.
The Old Park Hotel, Clinton, Tennessee. Chuck Ochiltree.
“The Scrapbooks of Martha Lanier Graham.”
Theodore Hunt’s father
Theodore Hunt’s father. Taken by A.T. Hunt, Photographer. No. 13, Gay St., Knoxville, Tenn. 1 pc.
Thirteenth Regiment, Tenn. Volunteer Cavalry, U. S. A.; photographs of members of the cavalry
Thomas Brown Collection (Rev. Thomas Brown and family, papers and photographs).
Rev. Thomas Brown and family, papers and photographs. 3 folders relating to the Rev. Thomas Brown or members of his family. Contains papers (Box 2) and 2 composite photographs (Flat Storage): The General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church, Harrisburg, PA, 1883 (or 1833) and 47th General Assembly of the Tennessee State Senate, 1891-1892. (Inventory available). 2 boxes containing photographs, sermons, Bible lessons, John Patton Brown, and Thomas Guthrie Brown (& photo).
Thomas Smith Harvey Civil War letter, January 26, 1864. Gift of Ron Miles.
Thompson Photograph Collection glass plate negatives
Boxes filled with varied sizes of glass plate negatives by Jim Thompson, including 4”x5”, 5”x7”, 7”x11”, and oversized. Approximately 1400 negatives. These negatives are some of the oldest surviving work of James (Jim) Thompson. The earliest known date is 1907.
Thompson Photograph Collection glass plate prints
Prints done from glass plate negatives in the Thompson Photograph Collection in the 1980’s by David Verrico on RC (resin coated) paper.
Three men in uniform in front of Lonsdale line streetcar
Three men in uniform in front of Lonsdale line streetcar, ca. 1909-1918. l-r: Verner M. Johnson, unknown, Motorman Virgil Pollard. 1 pc. Mounted.
Three Rivers Packet Company
History of the Three Rivers Packet Company; black-and-white photographs (copies) of the four steamboats used by the Three Rivers Packet Company (the Onega, the Lucile Borden, the Telephone, and the Bill Tate); photograph (copy) of the crew of the Lucile Borden circa 1895; image of passenger rate list and a passenger ticket.
Tillery Cemetery, Knox County, Tenn. 20 color snapshots.
Tim Lawson Collection.
Tintype of Samuel Foster Jacques (right) and University of Tennessee Professor McCall (McColl?)
Tintype of Samuel Foster Jacques (right) and University of Tennessee Professor McCall (McColl?). Ca. 1891-92. Samuel Foster Jacques grew up in Newburyport, Mass., the son of Edmund Jacques and Rachel A. Foster Jacques. In 1893 he married Abbie Parish Noyes. He died on January 8, 1916 in a motorcycle accident. J. R. McColl was Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville from 1896-1902. 1 tintype with paper sleeve.
“Tom Thumb wedding” photograph
“Tom Thumb wedding” photograph (group of unidentified children dressed as wedding party). Taken by Blake Studio, Knoxville. 8x10” sepia print mounted on 12x14” board.
Tom Wise Photographs
Photographs taken by Tom Wise (1948 pictures recently printed from 1948 negatives). Chattanooga, Knoxville, stereograph. Includes Chattanooga Times Building (1948 and now) ; copy of ca,.1874 stereograph view of relics of General Andrew Jackson (George Washington’s chair, sword, cane, Bible, hymnal) and detail shots; Gay Street views, Knoxville (shows Riviera Theatre).
Tombstones and cemeteries
Original B&W photographs (most are 8x10”) of tombstones and cemeteries. Taken & copyrighted by Aaron Jay.
Toole, Rudder and allied families. Family research and photographs. Donated by Susan Toole Swan.
Toole, Rudder and allied families. Family research and photographs. Donated by Susan Toole Swan. Scrapbook of Minnie Tennessee Rudder (with telegram from Evan Wyatt , father of Dixie Crosby from Hollywood) with many cards, postcards, and clippings dating from 1904; “The One and Only Bing” (pamphlet); “The Far Family” by Wilma Dykeman (autographed copy with clippings about WD)
Town of Hartford, Tennessee, about 1920 ( Photograph)
Town of Hartford, Tennessee, about 1920. Photograph
Tuskega, the Charles McClung McGhee house
Tuskega, the Charles McClung McGhee house, Monroe County, Tenn. B&W 8x10” copy photographs.
TVA Photographs by Rell Clements
TVA Photographs by Rell Clements 1) Norris Dam RPPC postmarked 1940 2) Members of construction department and a portion of engineering staff between lock walls of Watts Bar Dam. Taken after first concrete pour. 2/28/1940
TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) meeting held in City Council meeting room
TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) meeting held in City Council meeting room on the second floor of the old Market House, Knoxville, Tenn. April 28, 1934. Int. Audience view, includes a number of men in military uniform. B&W 8x10” copy photograph.