Found in 739 Collections and/or Records:
Louis E. Jones glass plate negatives and postcards. Most were made during Jones’ years living in Woodstock, N.Y. The photographs were used to make b&w picture postcards in various series: Kingston N.Y., Ulster, N.Y., Catskills, N.Y., Woodstock, N.Y., and the Great Smoky Mountains. Approximately 40 different postcards.
One B&W Polaroid copy negative of Louis Edward Jones (L.E. Jones) and wife Emma Bucher Jones. Copied March 2001. One 5 x 7” B&W copy photograph of Louis Edward Jones (L.E. Jones) and wife Emma Bucher Jones. [ca. 1940?]. Mr. Jones came from Kingston, NY and was an artist. He owned the Cliffdwellers shop in Gatlinburg.
Lucy Hansard Lett / George Felix Lett Collection. Photographs of the Beaumont Avenue area, Knoxville, Tenn. 1910s, 1920s
Lucy Hansard Lett/George Felix Lett Collection. Photographs of the Beaumont Avenue area, Knoxville, Tenn 1910s.1920s. Additional material recd. 8-2013. Rule High School List of Deceased Alumni, 1940-1959.
8 x 10” color photograph of East Tennessee Historical Society Director Cherel Henderson, Tennessee’s First Lady Crissy Haslam (wife of Governor Bill Haslam), and Steve Cotham, Manager of the McClung Historical Collection, Luncheon at the Governor’s residence, Nashville, Tenn. on June 6, 2012. Signed by Crissy Haslam. 1 pc.
“Lyons Mill, 100 years old.” 4.4x7” sepia toned photograph of mill with water wheel, mounted on yellow board. Right side of photograph is faded. Back side of mounting has printed list of “Views In And About Knoxville.” 1 pc.
Correspondence of three generations of the Charlton, Mabry, and Hazen families, Knoxville. 1832, 1854-1940. Also included are business papers, scrapbooks, and ledgers. A supplemental accession was made by Ronald R. Allen on December 30, 1993, which was incorporated into the collection.
Photograph album of many members of the 1870 Tennessee Constitutional Convention, and autographs.
Mabry - Hazen house, 1633 Dandridge Avenue, Knoxville, Tenn.. Home of General Joseph A. Mabry II (1826-1882) and Rush Strong Hazen. Built in 1858. Original photograph from the estate of Evelyn Hazen . Original photograph (mounted on board, damaged; corner missing) + 2 copy prints made in 1987. Copy negs. available.
Mae Lynn Collection: includes photographs, receipts, postcards, stampless entires/covers, stamps, and ephemera. Listing with collection. + scrapbook of Spanish-American War clippings. Photographs include: Mae Lynn; Smith School in Kodak, 1902; Cherokee Knitting Mills on Baxter Avenue, 1925; Beech Springs School, 1912-1915; Grey Eagle steamboat; Aluminum Company of America WWII snapshot.
Manuscripts belonging to the Norwood and Lenoir families. Also, 3 photographs: Oliver Temple and Aunt Jeanette Mabry (both T. M. Schleier Gallery, stamps missing) and Mabbie L. Mabry (T. M. Schleier, with stamp).
QSPC 2015.001 “Tennessee School for the Deaf Faculty” 1926 (b/w 9.25 x 7.5 photograph mounted on board, made by “Fawkner Studio” Knoxville, parade, river scenes, Chavannes Lumber Co.? ; 29 b/w negatives (2.75 x 4.5)
One sepia snapshot. Margaret Lupen(?) and Newt Bowerman on fallen tree. Sutter’s old mill in the background. Knox County, Tenn. Faint original.. 1 pc.
Marihall Walker, Barnett Studio, Columbia, Tenn.
Material on Knoxville’s Market Square, ca. 1960s, removed from the files of Ben Barber, Barber & McMurry, Inc., Knoxville. Includes photographs; newspaper clippings, 1961-1963; blueline copies of 1928 architectural drawing of the Market House; magazine articles, 1962.
6 B&W snapshots: Crockett Tavern, 1 pc.; unidentified courthouse, 1 pc.; Hildebrand house in Polk County, Tenn, May 1957. 3 pcs.; Inez Burns, Marshall Wilson, and Mrs. L.W. McCown at Nancy Ward grave (Cherokee heroine) , near Benton, Polk County, Tenn May 1957. 1 pc.
Framed photograph of Martin Condon (1858-1940), first Catholic Mayor of Knoxville, Tenn (1888-1890). Image area 3 x 7”; framed size 6 x 10” 1 pc.
SPC 2014.006.001 mounted sepia print of Old Harp Singing at Beaver Creek, October 1906. IDs on back. SPC 2014.006.002 and SPC 2014.006.003 early dam building, no additional ID.
Mascot Community Club scrapbooks, 1947-48 through 1974-75 ; two scrapbooks from 8th grade at Mascot School “The Hilltop,” 1955-56, 1956-57; 1956 booklet on remodeling of Catherine Arthur Library; plaques and awards; photographs, papers, reports and minutes, 1947-1975; ribbons (awards), including TVA&I Fair, 1947-1964 (some gaps).
McCallie School. Includes: exterior; library; three interior classroom shots with students (Miss Biggs’ 1st grade). Ca. 1913. B&W approx. 8x10”.
McCammon House looking east, showing the original location of the James White house DAR marker. 4x5” B&W (tear at upper left).