Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
A Study of the architecture of George Barber in Knoxville by Jennifer Hassell.
Research done by University of Tennessee student Jennifer Hassell on the architecture of George Barber in Knoxville. Collection includes her report “A General Guide to the Architecture of George F. Barber in Knoxville, Tennessee.” (May 1996); also includes 35 mm black and white negatives and accompanying contact sheets. The donor marked out the duplicate and inferior negatives prior to donating the material.
Arnold Schwarzbart Collection.
The collection includes documents, photographs, posters, printing plates, architectural plans, and artifacts.
Barber and McMurry Architectural Records (through 1959)
Architectural drawings of Barber & McMurry Architects, Knoxville, through 1959. The plans and some renderings are available. Specifications were not provided. Plans are arranged in these groups: General 208; Churches 121; Residences 376; Schools 133; Total 838
”George F. Barber” by Michael Tomlan.
”George F. Barber” by Michael Tomlan, student papers, University of Tennessee School of Architecture, ca. 1973. Photocopy. 12 pp.
George Franklin Barber (paper by Michael Tomlan on George Franklin Barber. Ca. 1973).
Research paper written by Michael Tomlan, ca. 1973, on architect George Franklin Barber. With cover letter from James Patrick dated January 14, 1974. Photocopy. 13 pp. + cover letter.
L. C. Waters Collection
Morton & Sweetser Architectural Plans
Posters. Architecture. (Dulin Gallery of Art, Historic Knoxville, Historic Homes, Candle Light Tours, Old North Knoxville walking tour)
Posters: Architecture: 1. “ Neo-classical mansion, designed by John Russell Pope ... completed in 1917... Dulin Gallery of Art.” Poster by (Toberight?), 1980. 2. “Tradition, Innovation, and Romantic Images: The Architecture of Historic Knoxville,” 1991. Frank H. McClung Museum, University of Tennessee (3 copies) 3. “Historic Homes of Knoxville, 1999 Candlelight Tours.” Homes on the tour are listed. (2 copies) 4. “Come Walk With Us,” Annual Old North Knoxville walking tour, no date.
Posters. Architecture. (U.S. Capitol)
Posters. Architecture: “U.S. Capitol, 1793-1993” by the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (color). .
Sarah Weeks, Historic Structures of Knoxville: Current and Lost since the 1974 Inventory. (1985)
Stuart Fonde Collection
“Ten Scores of Architecture,” Knoxville. Poster. (posters)
Poster issued by the East Tennessee Discovery Center and AIA (American Institute of Architects) East Tennessee. “Ten Scores of Architecture” (of Knoxville, 1791-1991). color 24 x 36”.
William Ellis House, Sevier County, Tenn. (color photographs and negatives)
William Ellis House, Sevier County, Tenn (color photographs and negatives) The photographs taken shortly before the house was demolished in 1992. It stood above the French Broad River on the hill above Kyker’s Ferry, It was a brick Federal I -house with outbuildings. The small house built for Mary Ellis still stands. See Robbie D. Jones, The Historic Architecture of Sevier County, Tennessee. Page 205.
William W. Griffin Memoirs (1906-1970).
Architect with Knoxville firm of Baumann & Baumann