East Tennessee University
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
David A. Deaderick bond and receipts, 1823, 1855-1856.
July 23, 1823 bond of David A. Deaderick, James V. Anderson and John A. Aiken to John Patton, Chairman of the (Washington) County Court. Bond for the emancipation of two slaves, Andrew and Nelly. ADS 1 p. Two receipts to Hugh White for tuition paid to East Tennessee University, Knoxville. Signed by D. A. Deaderick, treasurer, 1855, 1856. 2 pcs.
E. T. U. Freshman Hop invitation
Invitation to the Freshman Hop given to the Graduating Class of the University of Tennessee in 1878. The invitation reads "E.T.U. - Lamar House" with a vignette of marching Union soldiers above the letters. In 1879, the state legislature changed the name from East Tennessee University to the University of Tennessee.
East Tennessee Female Institute, Knoxville Female Academy, and East Tennessee University, 1831-1868, 1880-81.
1831 list of Knoxville Female Academy students; 1849 letter from S. A. Jewett to Trustees of East Tennessee University re: curriculum; 1850 Albert M. Lea letter of resignation to the East Tennessee University Board; 1859 note to F. M. McClung re: appointment to the Board of the East Tennessee Female Institute; 1867 memorandum of agreement re: lease of East Tennessee Female Institute building; 1868 list of contributors to East Tennessee Female Institute; 1880-81 merchant’s accounts.
Joseph Estabrook receipt, 1847.
August 4, 1847, receipt from Joseph Estabrook (President of East Tennessee University) to D. A. Deaderick, treasurer. For $675 salary of past session and other expenses. ADS 11 pc.