Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
3 mid-19th century portrait photographs
Ann Lizzie Fisher (photographer T. N. Thurman, Athens, Tenn.) ; Eva Taylor (Happy Valley, Carter County, Tenn/) (no photographer identified); S. Tomlinson, Cincinnati; S. Tomlinson (Photographed by Leo Weingarten, Cincinnati, Ohio) (inscribed “Compliments of S. Tomlinson to Miss Fannie Fisher, August 1st, 1873”)
Barbara Jean Small Scrapbook of Valentines
Barbara Jean Small scrapbook of Valentines, ca. 1930s. (Album in poor condition; cards generally good condition). + 1934 birthday postcard to Barbara Jean Small, Athens, Tenn. + July 26, 1948 membership receipt, Mrs. H. Lynn Small, Athens, Tenn., to Volunteer Electric Cooperative.
Civil War era letters to James H. Lowrey, Athens, Tenn., 1865.
Grant University (Athens, Tenn.).
[Grant University] Small group of 5 items (1 duplicate) from this Athens, Tennessee school. Regulations, programs, commencement, etc. Some paper damage or loss. Most 1900. Regulations, Commencement program, Sapphonian and Athenian Literary Societies program, Junior Class program.
Jane McCartney Doren letter to Pastor, Mars Hill Presbyterian Church, Athens, Tenn., 1869; Mount Zion Presbyterian Church receipt, 1872.
Leonidan Secret Society volume, John R. Neal, 1855.
One volume containing the constitution and minutes of the Leonidan Secret Society. John R. Neal, Athens, Tennessee. Organized September 1, 1855, at Emory & Henry College. Minutes from October 1855 to October 1856. Essays and writings at back of volume, including The Birthday of Washington. John R. Neal was a member. Some pages torn or cut out.
U. S. Grant University, Athens, Tenn., Class of 94 minute book.
U. S. Grant University, Athens, Tenn., Class of 94 minute book. Secretary’s book, Class of ‘94/ Includes constitution of the class of ‘94; Class of ‘94 freshman year autograph class roll (P. 10); secretary’s minutes, October 24, 1890-May 10, 1894; Roll of 1891-92 (p. 140); Roll of 1892-93 (p. 141). 1 volume. Formerly called East Tennessee Wesleyan College, the name was changed to U. S. Grant University in 1880 and changed again in 1907 to Tennessee Wesleyan College.