Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Artifact 2019.003
Scope and Contents 18 1/2 x 14 1/2 B&W photograph in 21 1/2 x 17 1/2” black frame. Aerial photograph of the Anchorage Restaurant and Marina and Cate’s Bridge, ca. 1950. Restaurant was owned by Stuart McCroskey (later sold to ______ Creech, and later it burned). Located on Knox and Blount County line. Provides view of the railroad bridge and Cate’s Bridge; Jewish Country Club was located on the hill above the restaurant. Riverlake Lodge Motel was out of photograph, to the right.
Identifier: SPC 2014.026
Scope and Contents Civil War era photograph (albumen print) of two bridges over the Holston River near Knoxville. Inscription on the verso of the photograph: “Two bridges crossing the Holston River, near Knoxville. The bridges were near Fort Sanders. This came from a collection of photos from GAR in Canton, Illinois.
Identifier: SPC 1997.002
Scope and Contents Bluetone photographs from the estate of Miss Adah Stevenson: -Holston River from Union Bridge, ETV&G RR; -Carter Bridge Watauga River, ETV&G RR; -Custom House, Knoxville, before 1910 (copy neg. 8/87); -looking east from College grounds, Knoxville (copy neg. 8/87); -Pigeon River Bridge, ETV&G RR; -Holston River (near McMillans’ 121st mile post, ETV&G RR); -Austin Springs, Tenn; -between John & Carter, ETV&G RR; -old hotel at Warms Springs, N.C. (burned down); -Warm...
Scope and Contents Letter from G. [Ganum] Vineyard , postmarked Shelbyville, Tenn., to his wife Nancy Vineyard, Tampico P. B., Grainger County, Tenn. January 4, 1863. ALS 1 pc. (3 pp.). Re: Battle of Murfreesboro on Stone River; details of battle conditions; heard the Yanks destroyed the salt works and burned Loudon bridge; not getting letters from her; names people who should write to him, etc.
Identifier: MSC 0344
Scope and Contents Files (ca. .75 linear feet) documenting repairs and condition reports on the Gay Street Bridge (1924-1976), plus one drawing of “Locust Street Bridge” (1925) and one file on repairs of the Church Street Viaduct (1973).
Identifier: SPC 1995.028
Scope and Contents J. R. Cunningham Grocery Store and horse & wagon (in 1904 Knoxville City Directory: James R. Cunningham, grocer)?; badly faded, sepia. 5 1/2 x 4”, mounted; Bridge or dam construction? no ID. 5x7” mounted, sepia.
Identifier: MSC 0045
Scope and Contents Material on J. Carroll Cate (1896-1980)and his campaigns running for Knox County, Tenn., sheriff. Includes color pictures of John J. Duncan, signed; Senate Joint Resolution No. 64 re: naming J. Carroll Cate Bridge, signed by Ned R. McWherter and Governor Ray Blanton; political ephemera re: sheriff’s elections; TVA&I resolution on the death of J. Carroll Cate. J. Carroll Cate was the jailer of the Knox County Jail during the Knoxville Race Riot 1919 and was elected sheriff 1936-1940.
Identifier: QSPC 2020.001
Identifier: SPC 1995.035
Identifier: SPC 2011.005
Scope and Contents SPC 2011.005.001 Bridge construction on Emory Road at Little Flat Creek, Corryton, Knox County, Tenn. Ca. 1915. (also a copy in Two Centuries Collection 200-165-032 ). Mounted, 5x8” print. Sepia 1 pc. SPC 2011.005.002 Bridge construction on Emory Road at Little Flat Creek, Corryton, Knox County, Tenn. Ca. 1915. (also a copy in Two Centuries Collection 200-165-030). Mounted, 5x7” print. Sepia 1 pc. SPC 2011.005.003 First concrete bridge built over Little Flat Creek, between Emory Road and...
Dates: ca. 1915
Identifier: SV 2003.004
Scope and Contents Stereographs (stereoscopic views) by McCrary & Branson. Some also from Southern Railway System and E.& H.T. Anthony & Co. Subjects include: Knoxville & vicinity (14 pcs.); French Broad River (5 pcs.); E Tenn. Va. & Ga. RR. (23 pcs.); views around Warm Springs, N.C. (3 pcs.). American Views/Popular Series (6 pcs.): Lookout Mountain (bridge over running waters, A&C RR, The Valley from the Coal Shutes, Lookout Mountain from E.T. & Ga RR.); Blue Ridge Springs Va. west...
Identifier: PAS 0055
Scope and Contents Photograph album with Gay Street Bridge, ca. 1898. Donated by The Walden’s Ridge Historical Association. (The last four photographs include [Gay Street Bridge], ca. 1898; other photographs are unidentified). 1 album with 16 photographs. From an unidentified estate, Signal Mountain, Tenn.
Dates: circa 1898
Identifier: SPC 2017.004
Scope and Contents Photographs Showing Progress of Construction Gay Street Viaduct. Knoxville, Tennessee. 1919. L. W. Frierson, Supervising Engr. Taken by Thompson Brothers, Knoxville, Tenn. 1 album 7 x 12.5”: 25 photographs mounted on linen.
Scope and Contents June 6, 1863, letter from Sgt. R. P. Everett, 6th Florida Regt., at camp near Loudon, Tenn., to Miss [McMillan]. ALS 2 pp. Original + typed transcription. Mentions guarding the bridge over Flat Creek (Mascot, Knox County, Tenn.).
Identifier: SV 2016.002
Scope and Contents One stereograph. SPC 2016.002 Tennessee and K. & C. R.R. Bridge. Stereoscopic Views of Knoxville and Vicinity by McCrary & Branson, Photograph and Portrait Artists, Dealers In Mouldings, Frames, Photographic & Artists Materials. 130 Gay Street, Knoxville, Tenn. Old railroad bridge over Second Creek, Knoxville, Tenn.
Identifier: SPC 2014.011
Scope and Contents SPC 2014.011.001 View of Unaka Springs, Tenn. Taken July 1918. Approx. 4x6”, glued to black paper. Faded. Shows view of river, bridge. SPC 2014.01.002 View of Chestoa, Tenn, 1/2 mile from Unaka Springs. View of river, bridge, buildings. Approx. 4x6”, glued to black paper. Faded.