Found in 79 Collections and/or Records:
Small metal round pin (5/8”) With blue border with white stars and a round white center with a red ‘36’ in the center. The 36 represents the 36th state needed to ratify the 19th amendment (women’s suffrage). Manufactured by Whitehead & Hoag Co., Newark, NJ (incorporated in 1892). 1 pc.
Artifact 2012.002 Appalachian Exposition brass medallion. Knoxville, Tenn. 1911 (Sept. 11 - Oct. 1). Pictures sheaf of wheat, agricultural tools and wording on front; United States flag on back. 1 1/2” diameter, 2 small loops on the top. 1 pc.
“A cabin in the Smokies” (Oil painting by Wiley Oakley).
Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. With forty-two illustrations by John Tenniel. MiniaPress Printed and Published by Edmund S. Wood. Printed in the U.S.A. No date. Miniature book. Green cover with gold embossing. 1 vol.
Appalachian Exposition B.P.O.E. pin, 1910. Copper metal pin with Tennessee-shaped top (embossed: ’B.P.O.E. Knoxville 160. Detroit Reunion 1910) linked to rectangular embossed bottom With AE in white, ‘Appalachian Exposition Knoxville, Tenn.’ ‘COME TO KNOXVILLE IN 1910’ and elk head at lower right. B.P.O.E. = Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (also know as Elks Lodge). On back: Greenduck Co., Chicago. C clasp on back. Overall size of both parts: 2 1/4 x 2” 1 pc. artifact.
Artifact 2014.004 White earthenware creamer (finish is crackled), with AE (Appalachian Exposition) emblem in blue and gold on the front and “Knoxville, 1910” on the back. No maker’s mark. Crack on front. Gold decoration on front and back.
Appalachian Exposition pennant. Red, white and blue felt sewn together and gold glitter design and words ‘Knoxville, Tenn. 1910 Souvenir.’ Round disk of paper in center with photograph of the Administration Building and the words ‘Appalachian Exposition Sep. 12 to Oct. 12, 1910.’ (Paper is creased)
White porcelain or ceramic plate with pierced edging and gilt, 9.5” diameter. Center has color picture of Administration Building, Appalachian Exposition, Knoxville, Tenn. On back: J.H.R. & Co. Knoxville, Tenn. Made in Germany for B.W. Akers.
Appalachian Exposition sterling spoon with “Appalachian Exposition, Knoxville, Tennessee” on the bowl around a likeness of the main exposition building. Tennessee state seal on the handle. 1 pc. artifacts. 1910 or 1911.
Bonny Kate Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution (D.A.R.) application papers, minutes (1893-1992 and as received), miscellaneous records, membership certificate for Mary Boyce Temple, silver loving cup of Mary Boyce Temple. The Charter is framed.
Bulletins, newsletters, photographs, and newspaper clippings for Broadway Baptist Church, Knoxville, 1975-ca. 1985. Gift also includes World War I and World War II dog tags, and a small WWI Bible (1917). Folders contain lists of pastors and clippings and papers re: the church fire and rebuilding efforts.
“From C. M. McClung & Co. Hardware & Supplies, Knoxville, Tenn.” Metal Stencil used for painting label on items sold by the company. Brass with small wooden handle/rim at the bottom.
White ribbon with blue ink: ‘Reunion of Carter Family Chilhowee Park October 15th, 1914.’ 2 x 6” Fragile condition. Also, typed copy of article from a Knoxville newspaper (not identified) dated October 15, 1914 about the William Carter Family Reunion.
Egg-shaped ceramic toothpick holder with artwork of the Sunsphere and rainbow design on front with the words: The 1982 World’s Fair, Knoxville, Tennessee.
Christmas in the City, Knoxville, 1987, enamel pin. Pin + backing. Gold tone with red and green on front. (artifact). Approx.. 1” x .75”, oval.
David A. Deaderick went to the California gold rush, ca. 1849-50, with the East Tennessee Gold Mining Company. He did not strike gold, but came back with a gold nugget he had made into a watch fob with a stone (amethyst?) or colored glass inlaid on the end, ca. 1852. His initials ‘DAD’ were etched into the stone.
Housed in small black jeweler’s box with ‘Huguenin’ on inside cover. This is where the family kept the fob for many years.
Menu from Ellis & Ernest Drug Stores (1500 West Cumberland, 1221 Western Avenue) and The Orange & White Drug Store (corner of the campus). [ca. 1945]. 1 pc. (stained).