Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 4555
Ann Lizzie Fisher (photographer T. N. Thurman, Athens, Tenn.) ; Eva Taylor (Happy Valley, Carter County, Tenn/) (no photographer identified); S. Tomlinson, Cincinnati; S. Tomlinson (Photographed by Leo Weingarten, Cincinnati, Ohio) (inscribed “Compliments of S. Tomlinson to Miss Fannie Fisher, August 1st, 1873”)
Official Program of the 3d Annual Street Fair and Trade’s Carnival, 1898. Knoxville, Tenn. October 19, 20 and 21, 1898. Drawing of horned “Prophet of the Smokies” in upper left corner. Includes programs for Prophet’s Day, Military Day, and Woman’s Day. S.B. Newman & Co., Printers and Binders, Knoxville. 1 pc.
Photograph of Camp Poland. E. E. Swineford, Cincinnati, Ohio - photographer (photographer’s stamp in green on back) photo numbered 188 written on back in ink “Camp of the 6th Ohio U.S.N. -- Camp Poland, Knoxville Tenn.” written on back in pencil “The Dummy track runs just to the left of the picture”
12 color copies (+ backs of two of the copies) (color laser copies) of stereoviews (stereographs) in the Library of Congress. Civil War scenes, including bridge at Strawberry Plains, railroad bridge across Platt Creek, environs of Knoxville seen from south bank of Tennessee River. + photocopies of Library of Congress order information, including call number and reproduction number (needed to order copies).
Poster, yellow with bold lettering stating "16th Annual Art Auction At UT's Spectacular, Big Music Bldg. Auditorium 7:30 p.m. May 16," illustration of an astronaut at the top and references to "Open the Door," "2000 Space Odyssey" and "Hair," 26"h x 20"w, 1969. 1 pc.
18 Real Photos of Knoxville, Tenn., & Norris Dam [decorative stamps, perforated and gummed]
Program from the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the Administration Building and original Residence Buildings 100, 200, 300, and 400 on May 1, 1967 of Shannondale Retirement Community and Health Care Center, 801 Vanosdale Road, Knoxville Tenn.. Includes a history of Shannondale.
35 mm color slides of downtown Knoxville and East Tennessee in the 1960s and 1970s, taken by Ronald Sabin
35 mm color slides of downtown Knoxville and East Tenn in the 1960s and 1970s taken by Ronald Sabin.
Small metal round pin (5/8”) With blue border with white stars and a round white center with a red ‘36’ in the center. The 36 represents the 36th state needed to ratify the 19th amendment (women’s suffrage). Manufactured by Whitehead & Hoag Co., Newark, NJ (incorporated in 1892). 1 pc.
Material from the 50th Anniversary of Normandy at Omaha Beach, 6 June 1994. Includes “Map of D. Day Beaches”, program for the International Ceremony at Omaha Beach, “List of Monarchs, Heads of State and of Government Present on 6th June”, detailed list of activities.
Poster celebrating the 75th anniversary of woman suffrage, 1920-1995. Color 18 x 24”.
100 Ways to Use the Library. Framed poster. Gift from the Friends of the Library, May 1987, to the Centennial Celebration Committee, Knox County Public Library System, Lawson McGhee Library. Lawson McGhee Library, copyright 1986
European campaign Germany; training Fort Jackson.
128 Years of Market Square Business: 1880-2008, compiled by Forrest Conklin for the East Tennessee Historical Society + 1 folder copies of articles about Market Square from library files and resources.
128 Years of Market Square Business: 1880-2008, compiled by Forrest Conklin for the East Tennessee Historical Society.
1760: Cherokee Victory at Fort Loudoun. Program and commemorative medal, Medal made of pewter by Ted L . Shelton.
1796 Deed to Looney’s Bend Sequoyah Hills Property, Robert King to Moses Looney, Sr.; Pauline Sharp ephemera. [two framed items] + 1997 book (Reflections on Sequoyah Hills)
Deed, Bill of sale from Robert King of Hawkins County to Moses Looney, Sr., of Knox County Tenn 500 acres in Knox County on the north side of the Holston River above Fourth Creek December 1796 [Looneys Bend, modern Sequoyah Hills]; a group of 11 small pieces of ephemera and Mss relating to Pauline Sharp, including an 1870 invitation to West Point party for “Encampment” + book “Reflections on Sequoyah Hills”
Handwritten-copy of note for payment six months after date signed (25 December 1805) for $430. Christian Carriger, Wm Cocke, Henry Masengill, William Massengill.
Two page, double-sided letter from Henry Sheffer (possibly) of Grayson County Virginia to Captain John P. Mathews (Clerk of Court for Wythe County Virginia from 1809-1850). Topics include illness at home; an election campaign for General Smyth who is opposed to John Quincy Adams; and s request for Captain Mathews to subpoena the witnesses requested for the author’s upcoming Chancery Court case involving W. D. Nielson.
Includes transcript of letter by McClung Staff.
Two-page handwritten account (1894) of the gun fight between E. C. C. Judson and Robert Porterfield, who was killed in Nashville.
“Twentieth Annual Commencement, High School Department, Girls’ High School, Knoxville City Schools, Staubs Theatre, Thursday Evening, June 8th, 1899” Programme.
Souvenir booklet on East Tennessee Foot Ball Association teams (and University of Tennessee - part of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association). Includes group photograph and roster for each team: University of Tennessee; Maryville College; Tennessee Deaf and Dumb School; Carson-Newman College; Baker-Himel School; Tusculum College; Knoxville Y.M.C.A.
Knoxville Fire Department equipment (1909 American Automatic Serial #1 with American LaFrance type 31 6 cyl. tractor). Retired in 1950s to Chilhowee Park, Knoxville, Tenn., and later cut up for scrap. 8 x 12” color.
Artifact 2012.002 Appalachian Exposition brass medallion. Knoxville, Tenn. 1911 (Sept. 11 - Oct. 1). Pictures sheaf of wheat, agricultural tools and wording on front; United States flag on back. 1 1/2” diameter, 2 small loops on the top. 1 pc.
1) 1st prize blue ribbon 2) 2nd prize red ribbon 3) Sepia-tone photo snapshot from a row boat on the lake showing a man, closeup, dressed in conductors uniform and holding oars. Behind him is a large screened two-story building; a sign on the building "Hardware on this building furnished by Cruze, Lyons, Hayes Co." Written on reverse in pencil "Chilhowee Park, Summer of 1913, T.M.W." 4) Promotional guide. 15 pages.
Booklet sent to East Tennessee National Bank customers about the United States Treasury Department
Paul Fogerty was a cartoonist for the Knoxville News-Sentinel. The calendar features his cartoons, primarily with his character Jo Jo.
- Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection 4536
- Tennessee Archive of Moving Image and Sound 19
- Photographs 736
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 568
- Tennessee History Civil War, 1861-1865 230
- Scrapbooks 173
- Ephemera 172
- Genealogy 155
- Portraits 151
- Bibles 138
- Schools 135
- Ledgers and account books 117
- Clubs and organizations 114
- Correspondence 114
- Knox County (Tenn.) 112
- Deeds 102
- Business enterprises 100
- Group portraits 90
- African Americans 87
- American newspapers -- Local editions 81
- Artifacts 79
- Politics and government 73 + ∧ less
- English 1187
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 15
- Welsh 6
- French 4
- German 2