Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Paul Fogerty was a cartoonist for the Knoxville News-Sentinel. The calendar features his cartoons, primarily with his character Jo Jo.
Scrapbooks of Bert Vincent’s newspaper column “Strolling,” clipped without dates. Bert Vincent (1896-1974) was a regular newspaper columnist with the Knoxville News Sentinel from 1929 until his death.
Knoxville News-Sentinel Co. Production Guide & Typebook. Handbooks
Printed annual compilations of the index of obituaries printed in KNS; index created by McClung reference staff
Photographs and clippings selected from the Knoxville News Sentinel files weeded from their morgue; these files covered only a part of the alphabet where space was needed; the files have been heavily weeded through the years before these later files were weeded and given to McClung Collection. Photographs were kept based on quality and continuing interest.
1) Flyer advertising the From Papers to Pixels fundraising campaign to digitize the Knoxville News Sentinel from 1922--1990. Includes portrait head shot of Sam Venable.
2) Program for September 8, 2015 Launch Event for the From Papers to Pixels fundraising campaign. Catered lunch with speakers Ginna Mashburn (Chair of the Knox County Public Library Foundation), Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett, and Sam Venable.
- Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection 8
- Tennessee Archive of Moving Image and Sound 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 4
- Correspondence 2
- Photographs 2
- Advertisements 1
- American newspapers -- Local editions 1
- Brochures 1
- Butcher Banks 1
- Butcher, Cecil H., Jr., 1938-2002 1
- Butcher, Jake (Jacob Franklin), 1936-2017 1
- Cartoons and Drawings 1
- Chilhowee Park 1
- Frauds 1
- Fundraisers 1
- Handbooks 1
- Indexes 1
- James Elmore 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) Public Library 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville Journal 1 + ∧ less