Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Abram J. Ryan autograph.

 Collection
Identifier: MM.1987.024
Scope and Contents

Autograph signed “With much Respect, Abram J. Ryan” and photograph labeled ‘Poet and Priest. Wrote “The Conquered Banner.”’ Framed together. Note on back of frame: This photograph and autograph were given to Mrs. Felecia Grundy Foster of Nashville, Tennessee by Father Ryan. Grandmother of Mrs. Felecia Grundy Steger Gibson, 608 Hill Ave. West, Knoxville, Tennessee. Sent by Mrs. T(?) M. Steger.

Dates: 1865-1875

E.E. Patton Collection.

 Collection
Identifier: MSC 0129
Scope and Contents Collection contains the writings of E. E. Patton, speeches, personal papers, newspaper articles, and other publications. Writings include the subjects Knoxville and Knox County, Tenn. Collection also includes material of his wife, Lula Smith Patton; photographs; Sawyer genealogy; Patton family manuscripts; correspondence; Civil War manuscripts; autographs; diary of E. E. Patton re: Tennessee state legislature; William G. Brownlow correspondence, 1840-1874; Col. John B. Brownlow...
Dates: 1840-1961

John M. Lea letter to Ben W. Austin. August 4, 1889.

 Collection
Identifier: MM.1999.021
Scope and Contents

Letter from John M. Lea, Mont Eagle, to Ben W. Austin. August 4, 1889. ALS 1 p. (mounted on blue paper) + 1 clipping (mounted on blue paper). Re: Austin’s request for a photograph and autograph of John M. Lea’s father and signature of Gov. Brownlow; Lea mentions he has few relics after the sacking of his home the night of the Battle of Nashville, and the burning of his home at Lealand. Clipping is a biographical sketch of John M. Lea.

Dates: 1889

Mabry and Charlton Papers.

 Collection
Identifier: MSC 0238
Scope and Contents

Correspondence of three generations of the Charlton, Mabry, and Hazen families, Knoxville. 1832, 1854-1940. Also included are business papers, scrapbooks, and ledgers. A supplemental accession was made by Ronald R. Allen on December 30, 1993, which was incorporated into the collection.

Dates: 1832-1940