Regional 35mm Theatrical Shorts (NFPF 2008)
35mm preservation elements for two regional commercials and a newsreel. Sam Orleans and Associates (Knoxville, TN) may have produced all three shorts. Cineric Inc. (New York, NY) created the preservation elements.
[All three shorts are scored with music; none feature synchronized sound.]
THE BREEZIEST, SNAPPIEST HILL-BILLY BAND ON STAGE AND RADIO (ca. 1948): A short commercial for a country music-themed variety show, featuring stylized artwork that depicts a stereotypical barn dance.
HERE'S OUR NEXT ENTERTAINMENT-PACKED SHOW (ca. 1948): A short, generic advertisement for coming attractions at a movie theater.
After an opening title, men in dress uniform carrying flags lead a large group of people onto a gymnasium. Knoxville, TN, mayor J. W. Elmore, Chief of Detectives C. B. "Pat" Wells, Mrs. Elmore, and a woman identified as "Mrs. Peacock" are acknowledged by an intertitle. Next, Park National Bank teller N. E. Millsaps and President of the Knoxville Police Benefit Association Ralph Clem are acknowledged by an intertitle. Lastly, Knoxville policemen M. E. Noe, Jack Farmer, P. E. Newberry, and Joe Bracket are acknowledged by an intertitle. A large crowd of people in semi-formal attire files past the camera into the gymnasium. Some acknowledge the camera; most do not. The people dance crowded close together in the gymnasium, followed by closing titles.
[Some dirt and scratching is visible throughout]
- Majority of material found within 1948-1949 (Produced)
- Digitized: 2009 (Preserved)
- National Film Preservation Foundation (U.S.) (Sponsor, Organization)
3 Reels (3 cans) : 35mm black-and-white picture negative, optical soundtrack negative, and composite answer print
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
MiniDV digital master and DVD access screener are located in the TAMIS office. 35mm duplicate picture negative, 35mm duplicate optical soundtrack negative, and 35mm answer print are located in the ETHC B1 vault.
The preservation elements are in good condition.
- Advertisements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Balls Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James Elmore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Knoxville (Tenn.) Police Department Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theatres (theaters) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Tennessee Archive of Moving Image and Sound Repository
601 S Gay Street
Knoxville TN 37902 United States