OUR SOUTHERN MOUNTAINEERS
Original reel and preservation elements for a circa-1918 28mm Paramount-Bray newsreel depicting a simplified vignette of life in the southern Appalachian mountains. Walter Cline (Chattanooga, TN), George Massa (Asheville, NC), and Jim Thompson (Knoxville, TN) have all been suggested as possible cinematographers. Colorlab, Inc. (Rockville, MD) created the preservation elements.
TAMIS purchased the 28mm source reel of OUR SOUTHERN MOUNTAINEERS, along with the 28mm source reel of IN THE MOONSHINE COUNTRY (TAMIS-MIC 2020.013), from an eBay seller in 2010.
- Creation: 1918 (Produced)
- Digitized: 2011 (Preserved)
- National Film Preservation Foundation (U.S.) (Sponsor, Organization)
3 Reels (3 cans) : 28mm silent tinted black-and-white print, black-and-white duplicate negative, and Desmet answer print ; [00:03:42]
- TAMIS paper files: NFPF grant documentation is filed in the TAMIS office files
- Digital Transfer: the digital video version of the 2011 preservation is posted on TAMIS' Vimeo.com channel