Historic Sites Survey, Knoxville and Knox County (Tenn) (MPC Metropolitan Planning Commission).
Scope and Contents
Material from the Historic Site Survey of Knoxville and Knox County, Tenn., conducted by the Metropolitan Planing Commission and funded by the Tennessee Historical Commission and federal funding, 1982-1986. Collection includes 29 boxes of survey sheets, 2 boxes of black and white 35 mm negatives, and three folders of maps used in the project. The master set of this material (including color slides which were not received by the McClung Collection) was sent to the Tennessee Historical Commission (THC) in Nashville. TSLA microfilmed the collection. The McClung Collection has a set of the microfilm. THC discarded the original photographs after microfilming. The 3 oversize map folders. Identification numbers from the map (hard to read on microfilm) are the key to finding a listing for a property. No original research in records was done to verify the guesstimate of the age of properties included.
Conditions Governing Access
Material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at firstname.lastname@example.org
31 boxes + 3 map folders
Material may be copied but must be cited by name of collection and Metropolitan Planning Commission and Tennessee Historical Commission.
- Historic Site Survey Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Knox County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Knoxville (Tenn.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Metropolitan Planning Commission Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic Sites Survey, Knoxville and Knox County (Tenn) (MPC Metropolitan Planning Commission).
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection Repository
601 S Gay Street
Knoxville Tennessee 37902 United States