Kirtley Collection. (Gift of Gordon S. Kirtley)
Scope and Contents
Genealogy of Kirtley and allied families. The majority of the collection contains research on Kirtley, Thompson, Matthews, Roberts, Flora and some research on Early, Harbour, Mitchell, Morris, Rowan, Sims, and Jamison families. The research was done by Gordon Kirtley and his late wife. The collection includes one oversize Kirtley family chart (in Map Room); photographs; photocopies of maps; Hurricane Bridge and Huntington, WV, material; and two Civil War medals for James Alexander Flora.
Conditions Governing Access
Genealogy copies are available for research during normal business hours of the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection. No appointment necessary for viewing.
Other material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at email@example.com
1 oversize folder
Language of Materials
The first four boxes contain the primary genealogical material and the last three boxes contain the original materials, manuscripts, photographs and artifacts. Most of the pertinent material from the original boxes was photocopied with the copies placed in the appropriate folders and cross referenced to the original material.
- Artifacts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection Repository
601 S Gay Street
Knoxville Tennessee 37902 United States