Karl R. Elza Papers (Elza Family Papers).
Scope and Contents
Most of the documents and correspondence in this collection relate to the military service of Karl R. Elza of Knoxville during World War II. Karl was a Knoxvillian, a graduate of Knoxville High School and a member of St. Johns Lutheran Church. He was a student at the University of Tennessee in 1942 when he enlisted in the Army Airs Corp. He was called into active duty in April, 1943. Elza was undergoing training as a pilot when he died in a plane crash on July 10, 1944, near Dales Texas. He left a widow (Ruth Morris Elza) and two children.
Conditions Governing Access
Material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at email@example.com
- Karl R. Elza Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Air Corp. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Karl R. Elza Papers (Elza Family Papers).
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection Repository
601 S Gay Street
Knoxville Tennessee 37902 United States