Earl E. Leming Collection (Gift of Mona Lisa Reagan).
Identifier: MSC 0606
Scope and Contents
The collection includes the papers of Earl Edward Leming of Knoxville, Tenn. He was married to Almeda W. Leming. Subjects include Mr. Leming’s work at the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) in a number of capacities, including file clerk, Finance Department, and as a Police Officer at Norris, Tenn. He was involved in the building of Norris Dam, served in the U.S. Army during WWII, and became an attorney in Knoxville, Tenn. He argued a winning case before the U.S. Supreme Court. In addition to work papers, the collection includes several of Mr. Leming’s diplomas, military papers, newspaper clippings, and photographs. There are nine tightly rolled panoramic photographs included in the collection. The majority of the material is from the 1930s-1940s. Several family photographs were scanned and returned to the donor.
Conditions Governing Access
Material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earl Leming Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Norris Dam Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee History World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Earl E. Leming Collection (Gift of Mona Lisa Reagan).
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script