Skip to main content

Airplane Filling Station photographs and blueprints. (Gift of Mrs. Elmer Nickle)

 Collection
Identifier: APD 0028

Scope and Contents

Material on the Airplane Filling Station on Clinton Highway (near Callahan Road), built in 1929 by Henry and Elmer Nickle. Collection includes: original 5x7” photograph of the Airplane Filling Station; one 11x14” copy photograph of Airplane Filling Station (with Henry & Elmer Nickle); 193_ estimate from Cockrum Lumber Company (materials to build Airplane Filling Station); September 6, 1998 article by Barbara Asbury in Knoxville News-Sentinel with photograph and caption about Airplane Filling Station; blueline drawings for “Aeroplane Gasoline Service Buildings” drawn by Wayne L. Smith, 1931. 4 sheets.

Dates

  • 1920s-1930s

Conditions Governing Access

Material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at mcclung-archivist@knoxlib.org

Extent

1 box

General

Blueprints & lumber co. estimate taken to Downtown Copy Center for color copies
Title
Airplane Filling Station photographs and blueprints. (Gift of Mrs. Elmer Nickle)
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection Repository

Contact:
601 S Gay Street
3rd floor
Knoxville Tennessee 37902 United States
865.215.8814