James H. Clayton Papers.
Identifier: MSC 0361
Scope and Contents
James H. Clayton Papers. Include: Original correspondence (1805-1886), some from James H. Clayton, Civil War soldier of the 6th Tennessee Volunteer Infantry, USA; photocopies of genealogy research; financial papers of the Clayton family; and other papers. The collection includes photographs of Walter and Bertha Miller and their children: Ruth, Alma, and Clayton. Also includes photographs of the Fenniken, Clayton, Linginfelter, Ogle, Willoughby, and other families. (Collection is 1 box of papers and 1 box of photographs.)
Conditions Governing Access
Material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at firstname.lastname@example.org
- James H. Clayton Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee History Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. 6th Tennessee Volunteer Infantry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James H. Clayton Papers.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script