Athene Circle Collection.
Scope and Contents
Seven volumes of Athene Circle minute books in one banker’s box; Minutes of the Athenae Literary Club, March 1, 1897-May 7, 1900; Minutes of the Athene Club, Oct. 1, 1900-May 2, 1904; Minutes of the Athene Circle, Oct. 1904-May 20, 1906; Records of the Athene Circle, minutes, Oct. 2, 1916-May 21, 1928; Minutes of the Athene Circle, Oct. 21, 1928-April 17, 1939; Oct. 1, 1939-Dec. 15, 1956; Jan. 7, 1957-May 24, 1970. Four Athene Circle scrapbooks, ca. 1904-1974. One group photograph, May 1910. One ca. 1936 Staub School PTA pamphlet. Also includes set of club handbooks from 1897 to 1997 (brought in by Julia Armistead, July 3, 1997) (in 3 boxes) (no 1937-38 handbook). Box 7 includes: Athene Circle constitution; papers and club programs, including ‘The History of Athene Circle, 1897-1997’ by Frieda Fowler Sims.
Conditions Governing Access
Material is available for research. Prior arrangement MUST be made by contacting the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection at email@example.com
- Athene Circle Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clubs and organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Athene Circle Collection.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection Repository
601 S Gay Street
Knoxville Tennessee 37902 United States